Journey to China

This blog documents the Spitlers' progress towards the adoption of Xia Ping He (Noah Spitler) from the PR China. It also documents Noah's medical process in pursuit of a total repair to his CHD (congenital heart defect).

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pack N Go!

Hi Everyone,

Adam here; blogging for Robin. She's busy packing - they're coming home!

Yes, Robin and Noah will board a Delta flight late tonight and ride the "red-eye" home, arriving into the Savannah airport around 9:20am Thursday, September 29th. Please feel no obligation, but if you're in the local area and want to drop by the airport - you are welcome to.

Thanks to everyone who has prayed for Robin's health - that is returning quickly; and Robin told me today, "Noah is beginning to run 'full strength'", so those are two big answers to prayer.

Noah will still require IV medications every 6 hours, but more good news (as of today) is that one of his antibiotics was switched from IV to oral method. Again, thank God for things looking better and getting easier!

God Bless each of you. The purpose of this blog has only been to keep you informed, but more importantly to give Glory to God for what He has accomplished. He has carried us the whole way.

I'd like to post a few lines from a new Steven Curtis Chapman song; this "says it all" from where I am right now:

--Adam

("Long Way Home" by Steven Curtis Chapman; from the album Re:Creation)


I set out on a great adventure
The day my Father started leading me home
He said there gonna be some mountains to climb
And some valleys we’re gonna go through
But I had no way of knowing
Just how hard this journey could be
Cause the valleys are deeper and the mountains are steeper
Than I ever would of dream


But I know we’re gonna make it
And I know we’re gonna get there soon
And I know some times it feels like we……
Going the wrong way
But it’s just a long way home

3 Comments:

Blogger Sled Dawgs said...

Praise God we are so excited for you guys. Seeing the words from a Steven Curtis Chapman song made me smile and think about the concert we went to with you all. We sure miss you guys and will continue to pray for strength and healing for all of you.

September 28, 2011 at 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we could be at the airport to welcome you all home! We will come visit when it is convenient for you all. :o)
Love,
Clay, Stacey, Zach & Nick

September 29, 2011 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whoop Whoop!! WELCOME HOME ROBIN AND NOAH! I'm so grateful you are home! I'm praying that Noah will continue to be strengthened and continue in his healing. Blessings...

October 4, 2011 at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home