Journey to China

This blog documents the Spitlers' progress towards the adoption of Xia Ping He (Noah Spitler) from the PR China. It also documents Noah's medical process in pursuit of a total repair to his CHD (congenital heart defect).

Monday, September 12, 2011

Appointments, School Work, and Birthday Cake

Today has been very busy for Noah and I. We started off the day by going to the hospital to have a blood draw and dressing change. The blood draw was easy because they used Noah's PICC line. So that meant no additional ouchies in the arm. I also asked if they could change the needleless injection caps on both lines so I wouldn't have to do it myself. They said they would do it for me on Mondays. I said, "touchdown". That is one less thing I will have do deal with. I do however have to do them on Thursdays but I will take what I can get. We then went to have Noah's dressing changed on his PICC line. This is a very detailed and tedious procedure. It hurts him mainly because of all the tape. I am not allowed to do this because it can cause an infection if done inappropriately. I am also happy I don't have to do that either.
We then went back to the Ronald McDonald House to eat, do school work in the room and play in the play room. While Noah was in the play room I took a little nap. We then ate a nice dinner that a group brought in for the whole house. It was very good and we enjoyed it so much. It gave our friend Elizabeth and her Mom a break from cooking for us. We also had a fun treat and celebrated a birthday with one of our friends here at RMH. Her name is Lisa and her daughter made her a cake. We sang to her and it was fun.
I am including some pictures of Noah leaving the hospital, Noah at the RMH, Noah and I eating Lisa's birthday cake, Lisa's birthday celebration (Lisa is in the middle with her daughter on the left & our other friend Rachel), and our pharmacy/medication table in our room. Thanks again everyone for the prayers. It has been tough getting used to this new schedule. I am still needing a lot of sleep. Hopefully soon I will get used to all that I have to do every day. Noah is doing great and improving every day. Love to you all!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The news gets better and better!! Robin, you are a champ! I promise that God will not bring more upon you than you can stand. I know some days you question that. Noah looks great and it's wonderful to hear that he is doing good. Please tell him that we all say "hello". the Hendrix family

September 13, 2011 at 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noah looks so good! Warms my heart to know he is doing so well. Andrew talks about him all the time, usually starting with, "when Noah is all better and home...." Please let him know that his friends love and miss him, and pray for him everyday. We are praying for you too, Robin. A mother gets her strenght from a source so personal, that it can not be matched.You are a wonderful mom, Noah is so very blessed. We pray for Adam and the girls, as this is a challenge for them too. Continuing to pray for strength and healing for all.
-Emily, James and Andrew

September 13, 2011 at 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Mrs.Ruth said...

I was glad to hear that things are getting better and better. Noah looks so cute and he looks healthy. He looks like he has grown so much, and I am so happy that he can get up and move around. Robin, you are doing a great job.You are a great mom and Noah so lucky to have you and he loves you so much. Tell Noah to keep being a good little boy and that we all love him. I will continue to pray for the whole family. Take care Robin and get some naps in.

September 13, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home