Journey to China

This blog documents the Spitlers' progress towards the adoption of Xia Ping He (Noah Spitler) from the PR China. It also documents Noah's medical process in pursuit of a total repair to his CHD (congenital heart defect).

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fewer Meds, Fun Friends and Delicious Desserts

Hi Friends. Things are going well here at the Ronald McDonald House. We have some good news about some of our friends here and in the hospital. One of our friends, little Audrey, received her new heart on 9/11. I ran into her Mom at the hospital library the day before yesterday and she told me the good news. I have been praying for Audrey for a long time so I happy for them. She is a darling 6 month old and she is doing very well. We also found out that our friend Kalmia is going home. I was so excited for them too. I have mentioned Kalmia in a previous blog. She is a fabulous girl and we love her very much. Matter of fact right now she is putting a Lego set together with Noah right now. I will include a picture of them hard at work.



I am also including a picture of her special Mom eating her birthday dessert at a local restaurant. We have really enjoyed meeting Lisa and Kalmia. Last night they hosted a dessert pizza party for all the kids here at RMH. It was very yummy and they were so sweet to do that for everyone. I am including some photos of Noah at the partyI will also include the pictures of the RMH that I promised in my previous post.

This morning after a wonderful breakfast that was provided by a group in the local area we went across the street to a bakery. We had fun hanging out and playing a game of UNO. We also purchased some special desserts that were delicious. Noah got a raspberry chocolate mousse and I got an almond tart. It was nice to get out and away from the RMH and the hospital for a while. I will include a picture of Noah and his dessert.
Yesterday I got a phone call from the hospital and they wanted us to come by for a special meeting. This meeting scheduled so I could get some better information about Noah's future care and possibly a plan for going home. While in the waiting room I received a message from the ID (infectious disease) lady, Julia. She said she had talked with the cardiologists and they didn't have a problem with us moving to Savannah. She said she was going to work on our case next week and try to come up with a plan. I was unable to get back to her before five so I don't really know all of the details about what they are thinking. I ask for you all to keep praying for us and the plan they come up for us. It seems they think we might be able to travel by the six week mark but I am not putting stock into that plan until I get more information. I will let you all know something as soon as I found out something new. The good news is Noah has gained weight. He is now 42 pounds. That is the most he has weighed since we met him in China. I am also going to be able to taper most of his medications down so all he will be on is his IV antibiotics. The antibiotic schedule is still difficult but the fewer medications he is on, the better. Monday we go to have another blood draw and dressing change. He is also supposed to have another Echo on Wednesday. Pray that the vegitation in his heart is decreased or at least unchanged. This is something they remain a little concerned about but even Dr. Hanley said it is something that could take up to six months to go away.
I am thankful we are finally to this point. Noah looks good and seems to feel good. He is sleeping well at night and maintains an even energy level during the day. He has not complained about any pain in his chest for many days. I am happy about that and feel his progress is good. Thanks for the prayers everyone and blessings to you all!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Noah, from Andrew "I can't wait until you are in Savannah! We can play our DS's together!" We are so excited about the good news. We will continue to pray for your family. What wonderful news!!
Huggs,
Emily,James and Andrew

September 18, 2011 at 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Noah is improving very well! We will continue to pray for Noah's healing and the healing of his friends at the RMH! Love, U Clay, A Stacey, Zach & Nick

September 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is good! We love you both! Christian, Emmaline, and family

September 19, 2011 at 6:58 AM  
Anonymous Mrs.Ruth said...

I zm so glad to hear the good news. I am so happy that you may get to come closer to home. Noah really looks so good,and tell him I think he is so cute. I can not wait to see him and give him a big hug. Robin, I know you have been through alot. I want you to know that I think you are one of the BEST MOMS I have ever known. I know Noah,Olivia,and Madison think so too.Stay strong and you both take care. Hope to see you soon. Tell Noah I said hello and I love him.Tell him that when he gets back to school,we will build something out of legos.

September 19, 2011 at 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

I'm so glad he's gaining weight! That is fabulous! I will pray specifically for his release to Savannah. That would be wonderful.

September 19, 2011 at 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many in the boro keep praying for ya'll! Now we'll pray for the transfer to Savannah. Feel loved and prayed for. Harriet Hight

September 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home