Journey to China

This blog documents the Spitlers' progress towards the adoption of Xia Ping He (Noah Spitler) from the PR China. It also documents Noah's medical process in pursuit of a total repair to his CHD (congenital heart defect).

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Sleepless Nurse

This is a very quick update. I am sitting here waiting for the 15 minute IV med to be complete so I can finally go to bed. Being a nurse is not fun for me I must admit. There is a reason I didn't decide to be a nurse and this has confirmed that choice.
Noah is doing well and enjoying his time at the RMH. We have an appointment in the morning for a blood draw and dressing change. I am glad there are some things I don't have to do. Noah's incision looks so good now that the stitches have been removed. He is walking around and acting like his "normal" self. There are still some things he cannot do yet like go up and down stairs and run around really fast. Today he went to the play room at RMH. He played some games with the volunteers and went to the kitchen to make cookies. I think he had a great time. One of my friends at the house has a 16 year old daughter and she was able to play with Noah for a while so I could take a short nap. I am getting almost no sleep at night because of his medication schedule. It is crazy. I finish up about 12:45 and I have to be up by 6AM to start again. I am discovering that I will have to take a lot of power naps during the day in order to maintain being a "sane" Mom. Please pray for me about all of this because I am having a hard time winding down enough to actually fall asleep. I am very stressed about messing up his medications so that is all I can think about. Again, I am not a nurse so this is stressful for me.
Please also continue to pray for Adam and the girls. Adam has had to be a single parent and it is a lot of work. He is being a trooper and I know he appreciates all of your prayers. Well, that's all for now. I hope to have time tomorrow to add more information and some pictures. Love you all, Robin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God has blessed Noah with such a God loving family.
It is encouraging and heart uplifting to know your belief in God is so strong enough that you are able to ask the hard questions like “why me God”. How many of us have asked the same question of God?
God will always give you the strength to come through the tough times.

September 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home