Journey to China

This blog documents the Spitlers' progress towards the adoption of Xia Ping He (Noah Spitler) from the PR China. It also documents Noah's medical process in pursuit of a total repair to his CHD (congenital heart defect).

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the Funny

This day was filled with mostly good that was sprinkled with some bad. Do you want the good news or the bad news? Well, lets just start off with the good...
Noah walked around two times again today and visited the play room. He also ate some good food and kept most of it down. He really wants to eat so much but his body just can't handle food in large quantities. He keeps most of his food down throughout the day. Some additional good news is that he is getting rid of what is called the TPN and the Lipids. This is like vitamins and food going through his PICC line. They are also going to go down on his feeds (Pediasure) for the day. He is only going to get those at night. Overall he is progressing well.
Now, for the bad news...
When the doctors were rounding this morning I stepped out on a limb and asked, "Now, when do you think we might be discharged"? The doctor informed me then and there that it would happen when Noah finishes up his antibiotics. He will finish the antibiotics on September 27th. I will admit that I was totally shocked. They had told me throughout all of this that it was something could be finished up with a home health nurse at home. I was not prepared for this and again almost threw myself on the floor and started kicking and screaming. He basically said it was up to the surgeons to give the final answer. While at lunch later I thought I would at least bring up the idea of being transferred to Atlanta, Savannah or even Statesboro. The nurse said she was pose that question to the doctors to see if that might be an option. I haven't heard anything yet but will let you know what they say. Please pray for us. This has been a pretty hard blow for our family and we need to be prayed through it. I know that God can carry us through it. He has been faithful so far and I know He will not let us down now.
I want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who have stepped up and helped our family in many different ways: prayers, hugs, food, gifts, calls, taxi driver, dog catcher, card sender, clothes washer and much, much, more. We love you guys and pray God will bless you for it all.
Just to lighten things up a little, Noah and I made a "Laughing Video". Here goes...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Carol said...

We are going to pray you and Noah home! God is good always even if he doesn't want you home until the 27th! We love you Robin. Take care and know that you are missed and loved - and Noah too. Carol

September 1, 2011 at 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Robin for including us in this experience with the Lord. You and Adam are such an encouragement in trusting our Father. I have and will continue praying for strength to finish strong.
Curt

September 1, 2011 at 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The video brought joy to my heart.
I love you two!
Daddy

September 1, 2011 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger Brandee said...

Praying for you right now...you are much better than me because I would have threw myself on the floor! You have handled everything with so much grace. Hoping you guys can get transferred...... if not then I hope Sept 27 gets here fast!!!!

September 2, 2011 at 1:06 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Love, love, love this video. How precious! Robin, you are such a testimony to God's amazing grace. I am praising God for his goodness and praying for your strength and endurance. His plan is always better than ours. Hang in there, Girl. Love you!

September 2, 2011 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hang in there, Robin! While this feels like an eternity right now, you will look back one day and it will be a small blip on the radar. I am continually praying for you guys. I'm so glad to hear God has answered prayer and Noah is eating and keeping it down! "Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!" Psalm 31:24

September 14, 2011 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home