Journey to China

This blog documents the Spitlers' progress towards the adoption of Xia Ping He (Noah Spitler) from the PR China. It also documents Noah's medical process in pursuit of a total repair to his CHD (congenital heart defect).

Monday, August 29, 2011

Having fun

We have had some fun the last two days. Noah is progressing in many ways. He is now able to eat some food without getting sick. Thanks to all of you who have been praying specifically for him to be able to eat and keep everything down. He has been begging for chicken soup, Pop chips and Popsicles. He has eaten them all with much success. He is also receiving nutrition through his feeding tube. He is getting something like Pediasure in that feeding tube. They are trying to max out the intake so that his body will get stronger and be able to successfully recover.
He has been walking around the halls and to the play room. In the playroom he has spent most of his time playing the Wii. I am sure this is not a shock to any of you who know Noah. He also did an arts and crafts project as well as playing with racing cars. Today he had a lot of fun playing "Donkey Kong" and "Mario Brothers" with a young man named Ross. I was so happy that he was there to play these games with Noah since I am not exactly the best player.

After eating my dinner at the Ronald McDonald House I returned to the hospital to find Noah hot with a fever. I have to admit that at that moment I wanted to throw myself on the ground and have a temper tantrum. I thought to myself, "No way can regress back to all of that". This morning he still has a fever but the nurse practitioner doesn't seem alarmed. Our nurse mentioned that it may be a sign of withdrawal from some of his medication. I am still waiting on the doctors to round so hopefully then we will be able to fully address this issue. I am not going to let this slide though. Noah has been through too much to let something fall through the cracks and end up in another bad situation. Please continue to pray for him. Pray this fever goes away quickly so he can continue recovering successfully.
I was just reminded through a devotion book I am reading that I need to, "...Put aside all that is waiting to be done, and refuse to worry about anything". The Bible reference to this is: Luke 12:22-26. It says, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear...Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (verses 22 and 25). I really needed to read this today. I have to hand it all over to the Lord...even the fever Noah is dealing with today.
I am including some pictures of Noah playing the Wii in the play room. Thank you for the continued prayers. Love you guys, Robin

6 Comments:

Anonymous Mrs.Ruth said...

Glad to hear that Noah is able to eat and keep it down. He looks so happy and looks really good.I will pray for his fever to go away and not return. Tell him hi and that we are waiting for him to be able to come back home,and come to school.I will also say a prayer for you Robin that God gives you the strength you need. Take care.

August 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep us posted on the fever. I wanted to throw myself on the floor when I read that!!

We love ya'll!

The Georgia Scott's

August 29, 2011 at 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer Smith said...

We are praying for Noah's recovery and for your strength through everything. Always here for you! Jennifer, Hannah and Haleigh.

August 29, 2011 at 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

I am so thrilled to hear that he's keeping food down. That nutrition will help him heal. We will pray specifically about the fever! Miss & Love you!

August 29, 2011 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger Brandee said...

Robin..I am still praying. I hope you got the answers you wanted about the fever.....Noah looks great! You do too!

August 30, 2011 at 1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanking God for progress and praying the fever will go away. My heart sank when I read that. I will pray for God to continue renewing your strength and Noah's.

Donna Lowe

August 30, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home