Journey to China

This blog documents the Spitlers' progress towards the adoption of Xia Ping He (Noah Spitler) from the PR China. It also documents Noah's medical process in pursuit of a total repair to his CHD (congenital heart defect).

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Better times

Happy day!!! Mom got some sleep last night! I am feeling so much better. Thanks you so much everyone for the prayers. God is good and I was able to sleep for most of the night last night. Everyone seems to be adjusting despite little setbacks here and there.
Recap of yesterday and today (so far): Yesterday I finally decided I really need to get out of the house. I knew that was one of the reasons it was taking me so long to adjust back to USA time. We went for a walk ( I pulled Noah in a wagon-Thank you to my friend Kim for letting us borrow it), to Wal Mart, to play at the school play ground, played with the train & legos, and played a video game with Dad after he got home from work.
Today: We went for another walk, worked on word flashcards, played at the museum, and are getting ready to play with toys.
Funny things Noah has done in the last two days: We assembled his wooden train ( that was in a figure eight) and he said "eight". I was shocked that he recognized the number eight. We were getting ready for dinner last night and he saw there was nothing to eat with on the table. He walked over to the silverware drawer, pulled out five forks, and then put one at everyone place at the table. He did that without being asked to do it. Today while working on flash cards he made sure that each pile of cards were perfectly lined up and totally neat. I guess that mean I have a neat freak on my hands. There is nothing wrong with that. Today I told one of my girls to put a new plastic bag in the trash can. She put it in the can and then left it there without putting it back under the counter and he walked over, picked it up, put it under the counter and the closed the cabinet door. He loves to help do things and he is very good about sharing with others.
Overall, things are going well. Hopefully next time I blog I will have some pictures. I forgot to take my camera to the museum today. Sorry everyone. Thanks again for all you guys have done for us. We really appreciate it.
Oh, if we didn't say it before, we appreciate all of our family members that met us at the airport when we arrived home----Scott (Adam's brother/family), Cynthia, Mary Beth, Christy, Michael, Scotty, My Mom-Grandma/Venita, My sister-Renee, her boys-Jonah & Caleb, Clay (Adam's brother/family), Stacey, Zach & Nick. You guys are so great for traveling so far. Thanks so much!!!
Most of all thank you to the Lord, who has sustains us and will continue to through this process!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home