Journey to China

This blog documents the Spitlers' progress towards the adoption of Xia Ping He (Noah Spitler) from the PR China. It also documents Noah's medical process in pursuit of a total repair to his CHD (congenital heart defect).

Friday, August 5, 2011

Good Morning/Funny Night


Noah has been doing great this morning. I am so impressed at the improvement. Right now he is diligently working on his Etch-A-Sketch. I finally had time to actually clean up and organize all of the stuff we have accumulated since we arrived here at the hospital. I feel like I have lost some weight just by accomplishing that task.
Just to lighten things up I have to tell you a funny story. I have to say up front that this story is mainly for my friend Tracy Pond. She, of all people, will appreciate it the most (inside joke). Since we have been here I met a nice girl whose son has had some heart surgery and is waiting for more. She also has a son that is about five years old. He has met Noah and seems to really like him. Last night I was working on the blog at the Ronald McDonald House this little boy quietly stood behind my chair and yelled, "Boo". I about jumped out of my skin from fright because I was so engrossed in what I was typing. He thought that was so funny that he continued to do it about every ten minutes. He is as cute as a button and I just love him. We had a lot of fun playing this game together. Another child who was about 11 years old walked up to me and said, "Is this your grandson"? Well, I guess I have been here so long and my wrinkles are sagging so much that now I look like a grandma. Yes, Tracy you can laugh at me now :) It is a good thing that through all of this I have just learned to go with the flow. I am glad that we all can get a good laugh about it. There are days I need a few of those.
I will let you know what's going on a little later, I am praising God that right now we are doing pretty good.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Carol said...

Thankful for the good news!

August 5, 2011 at 4:23 PM  
Blogger Sled Dawgs said...

I am so glad that he is doing so much better. That story is so funny. I had one of those moments with Grace this week. I was working out to a work-out video and she looks at me and says "Mom you need to do this because you are still a little chubby". I just didn't know how to respond. We are praying that his eating continues to improve and for that nasty infection to go away.
Amanda Weiford

August 5, 2011 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I got a good laugh out of that Robin. Now you can laugh...I'm going to be a real grandma at the end of this year! Yep! Can you believe it? Jeremy and Tiffany are expecting their first sometime late December or early January. :) I am praying for you and Noah daily. I'm glad you can smile in the midst of all that you guys are going through. God's strength is evident. Hang in there!

August 5, 2011 at 11:53 PM  
Blogger Brandee said...

Ahhhh he is on room air!!! He looks so good! He will be gaining weight in no time. I am praying for his continued healing. By the way you def do not look like his grandmother, you look way too young!

August 6, 2011 at 1:30 AM  
Blogger Brandi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 6, 2011 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Hi Robin,
I deleted the last comment because I repeated myself and did not catch it. I just had that happen to me the other day. When I read your post I can totally laugh with you! I went to Ulta to purchase some powder foundation. I looked around at the hair dye and proceeded to the check out. I had Talent (Chinese), Honor (my bio daughter), and my friend's daughter who is biracial. At times when I have lots of kids with me I get..."Are all those kids yours?" Not this time...The very young check out girl (I have to add that)said and I quote "UMMM are those your grandkids???" What??? UMMM NO! I just had to laugh. I guess I need to call my hair stylist right away:)
Continuing to Pray for y'all daily!

August 6, 2011 at 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Noah everyday. Hannah did not want Olivia to go home this morning. I love that they are such good friends, it is such a blessing in our lives. When I dropped Olivia off at home Adam told me he prays for us everyday. My heart was so full of emotions. Thank you Robin for your family and you. You all have been such a blessing to us and that is what you need in your times of trials. Praying for Noah's healing. Love Jennifer, Hannah, and Haleigh.

August 6, 2011 at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home