Journey to China

This blog documents the Spitlers' progress towards the adoption of Xia Ping He (Noah Spitler) from the PR China. It also documents Noah's medical process in pursuit of a total repair to his CHD (congenital heart defect).

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Good Progress







We have had a good day so far. Noah ate a good breakfast which included bacon of course. I brought him another small bowl of some of his favorite food and he ate about half of it. I am including a picture of him surrounded by food. He is eating popcorn in this photo. He loves to eat popcorn while watching movies.
Noah had an exciting gift delivered today. Adam's cousin Mindy and her family sent Noah a new DS game. Cousin Mindy said that her son Carter loves the game and he thought Noah would like it too. Well, he sure did. We immediately put it in his DS and he has been playing it off and on throughout the day. Thanks cousin Mindy.
After sitting in his chair for a while, watching a movie and playing his DS, Noah was exhausted. He was so tired he fell asleep in the chair. He slept for quite a while and is playing his DS again.
The latest medical information I have about Noah is that his lung fluid is much better. He seems to be better as far as his pain control is concerned. His blood cultures are remaining negative which is an answer to prayer. Our big goal is to pack on the calories in his eating and drinking. He has got to gain some weight back. We are still dealing with his infection issue. Some of the tissue that was tested after his second surgery has grown some infection so we are still going to have to have antibiotics for quite a while. But, overall everything is good. I wish I could tell you all we have a return date but we don't at this point. I have no idea when we will be able to come home. The plan is to have him well and healthy enough that he doesn't require any more surgeries. Until they feel comfortable about his infection problem we will not leave. Please pray his infection dissipates, his pain is minimized and he begins to pack on the calories. If all this is accomplished then we should be on our way.
I want to share the verses that have given me comfort in the past two days. They have really given me peace in knowing that the hand of God is on us and all of our circumstances, good or bad: "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord". Romans 8: 38-39. I give praise to God for who He is and His love for us.
PS-I am going to add a few pictures of some beautiful flowers that I have seen around the area. They are amazing and I told Madison that I would post a few...enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home