Journey to China

This blog documents the Spitlers' progress towards the adoption of Xia Ping He (Noah Spitler) from the PR China. It also documents Noah's medical process in pursuit of a total repair to his CHD (congenital heart defect).

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We received our I 800

Yes folks it finally came. We received our I 800 immigration paperwork in the mail yesterday. We have been waiting for it for quite a while so we were very happy to have received it. I quickly scanned it and emailed it to our agency. There is another box checked off. We still have a few to check off before we travel but we know it will get here in God's time. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. This process is wearing us out. They make things way harder than they need to be but we have to do what is necessary to get Noah to the US. We are still so excited to see him, get to know him and do what we have to in order to make him healthy. We know that the Lord knows what is going on and He can get us through anything. He orchestrated Noah into our lives and He will lead us down the right path. The verse that comes to mind today is Psalm 46:
“God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!” (1-3)
No matter what is going on around us the Lord is there to give us the strength we need, even when it is hard.
On a funny note I have to mention what happened when I went out to get the mail yesterday. I was talking to a friend on the phone when I went out of our front door. I left the front door open because I knew that Annie, our dog, would want to follow me outside. I got the mail and of course was totally excited that we received our letter. I was still talking to my friend when I walked into the house, heard a noise in the kitchen, and was shocked by what I saw. Perched on one of our kitchen chairs was a bright red Cardinal. He obviously flew in when I went out the door to get the mail. I was beside myself as to what I should do to get him out of the house. I got off the phone with my friend and went into the kitchen to open the back door. The bird then flew into the two story family room and perched on a big window that was above the front door. I really didn't have time to deal with the bird because I needed to scan and email our paperwork. I opened up the front door and left it open hoping he would take the hint. I went up stairs and started scanning. I came back down the stairs about five minutes later and he was standing on the floor in front of the door. He heard me coming down the stairs and then flew out the front door. I was so happy because I had no clue how I was going to get him out of the house if he hadn't gone out of one of the doors. It was quite an eventful day I must say. I guess I won't be leaving any outside doors open any more.
Thanks to everyone for the continued prayers for our adoption of Noah. I will try to keep you posted as the major events occur. I hope to post some more good news soon. Good day and God bless!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home