Journey to China

This blog documents the Spitlers' progress towards the adoption of Xia Ping He (Noah Spitler) from the PR China. It also documents Noah's medical process in pursuit of a total repair to his CHD (congenital heart defect).

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Quick Update

This morning has been good and bad. The good is that Noah finally got to eat some food. He had his favorite food, bacon. He has done a great job of eating and drinking slowly and has had no problems transitioning from liquids to some solids. Please pray for him because he has been in some pain this morning. I feel so bad for him when he is in so much pain. We had to wait for ten minutes because it wasn't time for him to get his pain meds yet. He is doing much better now. They are removing one of his lines at this time and I will update you as to how that went as well as adding a picture or two. Thank you all so much for the prayers. They have made a difference and are still much needed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Aunt Jane said...

Noah's color looks great! Bill is wanting to know what size he wears because Bill wants to go out and buy him a track suit. Move over Michael Johnson-- this kids gonna be runnin' soon.
Sending our prayers up, too. We love you.

July 17, 2011 at 1:06 PM  
Anonymous The Hendrix family said...

Praise the Lord! I am so glad to hear the wonderful news (tubes out and eating). Tell Noah Alan loves bacon himself. We will continue to pray that his pain gets alot better. You and Adam try to get some rest. It's much needed, I'm sure! Hendrix family

July 17, 2011 at 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noah, you are looking great!! Bacon is also a Scott food favorite. We will eat some tonight in honor of you! Keep gaining strength, buddy. We are praying for you. (Christian-Thomas and Emmaline)

July 17, 2011 at 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 16
A miktam[a] of David.
1 Keep me safe, my God,
for in you I take refuge.

2 I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.”
3 I say of the holy people who are in the land,
“They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods
or take up their names on my lips.

5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I keep my eyes always on the LORD.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
nor will you let your faithful[b] one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

We thank God for His loving kindness upon your family, we rejoice with you all and can't wait to see you!

Difuntorum

July 17, 2011 at 2:57 PM  
Anonymous Diana said...

So excited to hear of Noah's progress! We are praying for him, that his pain levels will subside. Praying for you guys that you can get some good rest in the "in-between" time.

July 17, 2011 at 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so GOOD! I'm so excited to hear of Noah's progress. Praying for continued progress and strength for Noah and for rest and strength both if you. Jane Spitler

July 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home